Podcast anyone?

chrisv39

I've been an avid reader on here, but never cared to post. I know, shame on me.

I've thought about doing a podcast for Big Brother 17 and I was wondering if anyone would be interested. PM me.

What kind of podcast are you thinking of doing? A conversational podcast or a feed update podcast or a sound clips of the week type of show? I'm an avid podcast listener and have learned that it is quite a big undertaking putting out a weekly (or more frequent) podcast and admire people that are good at it. Rob Cesternino puts out a very good BB podcast three nights a week but it is his full time job and he's a very good talker. Also, do you have all the equipment needed?

What kind of podcast are you thinking of doing? A conversational podcast or a feed update podcast or a sound clips of the week type of show? I'm an avid podcast listener and have learned that it is quite a big undertaking putting out a weekly (or more frequent) podcast and admire people that are good at it. Rob Cesternino puts out a very good BB podcast three nights a week but it is his full time job and he's a very good talker. Also, do you have all the equipment needed?

No doubt Rob's podcast is the best out there for reality TV, but his podcasts are usually an hour or longer and I was thinking more along the lines of 30 mins. It would be a recap of the episode (so this would be 3 times a week) followed by some conversations. Maybe there would be 3 specific points to talk about. I have a mic, got a pop filter for it and I have recording/editing software. 

Morty's TV would be happy to help you promote your podcast (while disclaiming any responsibility or liability for the content, of course).  Are you going to have a web site?  Record live (with stream)?  Distribute through iTunes?  Would you help promote Morty's TV?

Fuskie

Who notes launching a podcast is a lot of work but he wishes you the very best...

Well, getting promoted on Morty's website was part of my bigger picture and of course, I would help promote Morty's TV! I will have a website, but I won't record live. It will most likely be recorded immediately after each episode and then uploaded that same night.

I understand it's a lot of work and I give mad respect to Rob. I know he usually has other people to talk to and I think that is key to have more opinions rather than 1, and I've tried doing it by myself and it's hard! 

I had a YouTube channel where I would recap what happened in each episode and that took me at least 3 hours after each episode to film, transfer, edit and upload. But now I want to dive into the podcast world and give that a try. I'm also planning on doing Amazing Race Canada 3, which starts July 8, if anyone is interested in that as well.

Chris- If you've got the dedication and equipment you'll need I'd love to listen to the podcast and contribute in any way I can. If it is going to have conversational elements obviously you need at least one other person whether it's a co-host or sidekick or guest of the episode, etc. I personally am chasing my toddler around by myself every weekday night until close to bedtime so I wouldn't be able to guarantee my full attention during the evening. However, I've heard many podcasts that have a host and up to five or so regulars that sometimes are able to make it and sometimes aren't but the podcast doesn't depend on any one person being there for the episode (except you of course). You'd just have to have strict rules about not talking over each other. Please keep us informed of your progress!

When you get things off the ground, let me know.  Email contact.mortystv@gmail.com.

Fuskie

Who produced a video podcast for Morty's TV and BBUSA for seasons 9 and 10 but stopped midseason when he realized no one noticed that he missed a week...