Audrey Middleton (Week 1)

morty

Hometown: Villa Rica, Georgia
Current City: Villa Rica, Georgia
Three adjectives that describe you: Radical, fun, and intelligent.

Favorite Activities: I have some nerdy hobbies. One being I have taken a huge interest in astrology. I love to talk to my friends about the things that I've learned and drawing their charts for them. I actually found a nerdy online format of the show Survivor that was created by a fan and participated in it for two months. Astrology was a major part of my strategy. I chose to use astrology because it's an icebreaker and no one is threatened by it because most people don't believe in its legitimacy. So I did a chart for each person and leveraged moves based on each person’s astrological ego and won. I love playing competitive strategic games and thought it was cool to take an unconventional approach to the game and take home the win. I also love to read philosophical content. I like to find quotes and memes that resonate with me and add them to a corkboard in my room.

When I'm not nerding out on the computer, I love doing things outdoors. Camping, hiking, rock climbing, rafting, kayaking, swimming, and the list goes on. I live for adventure! Now, on the contrary to being an extremist and playing in nature, I love to get dressed up and go out. I like to put a lot of effort into my appearance. Not in a superficial way, but it's one of the most fun forms of self-expression for me. Fabulous hair, lashes, makeup, I'm the Beyoncé of my life story. As I should be, right? I also love live music. Witnessing art in its purest, most raw musical form is a magical experience for me. I deeply envy those people with great musical talents, but appreciate them so much. I also am a bit of a foodie. I love finding new cool places to eat and enhancing my palette as often as my wallet will afford!

What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house: The most difficult part of living in the Big Brother house is going to be sleeping with the enemy. You are trapped in an environment with people who you may or may not be consciously aware are lying to you, scheming against, targeting you, and only have their own best interest in mind. An intelligent person does not wake up everyday and willingly interact with people who don't have their best interest so having to put on a face, be liberal and incessantly entertain people you could very well deep down despise is going to be hard work!

Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most: My favorite Houseguest of all time is Rachel. She's beautiful, hilarious (even when it's not on purpose), and most importantly truly understands how to play this game. She won, so she's not completely underestimated, but I don't think people salute her enough for how intelligent she actually is underneath the "looney toon" image she might project. I get that she's an acquired taste, but I respect that she stops at nothing to get what she wants. She's all business and very objective when going after what she wants to accomplish. I will be very similar just hopefully with a less antagonizing approach. However, I am not a wallflower either.

What are you afraid of: The only legitimate fear I have is probably spiders. I hate how sneaky and creepy crawly they are.
Finish this sentence: My life’s motto is…Throw me to wolves and I'll come back leading the pack!

What would you take into the house and why: I would take my journal, because I like to write down affirmations and really endearing quotes to keep things in perspective for me. It would also be helpful for me to archive mental notes about people in game. I would also bring my tarot cards because I do believe in being able to tap into the unconscious and revealing a perspective that you can't necessarily see as clearly with all the conscious "brain chatter." I don't believe they have magical powers and will tell my unforeseen certain future, but each card offers a psychological perspective that should be in the hindsight of a person's mind anyways. Lastly, I would bring my favorite astrology book because it makes for a great conversation piece and I would love to see who readily admits that they identify within it. It's not for everyone, but I would say 8 out of 10 people entertain the idea just for fun.

Audrey grew up in a small Georgia town. She is very tight with her parents and considers mom and dad among her best friends. She has worked some interesting jobs, including a pizza delivery person and an MMA Ring Girl. She prefers tall, dark and handsome guys with a quick wit. She spent a good part of her life swimming competitively, where she excelled, and she still swims laps every week at the gym. She loves to get dressed up and look fabulous head-to-toe, but she also isn't afraid to get dirty. Camping, kayaking and hiking are some of her favorite activities. Audrey believes that fear is an illusion and she doesn't get intimidated easily. This Big Brother super fan says, "I will not float. I will make bold moves and I will get blood on my hands. Heads will roll!" She compares herself to Dexter Morgan. ​

Watch Audrey's bio video here!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So....she is transgender?

Audrey Middleton, who will be one of the houseguests on the upcoming "Big Brother," was not always Audrey ... she was born Adam.

TMZ has learned Audrey will become the first transgender on the U.S. version of the show, and she plans to use the program as a showcase ... similar to what Caitlyn Jenner has been doing.

Audrey grew up in a small Georgia town as a boy, and life was far from easy. We're told when she transitioned several years ago, her family had a hard time accepting it, but they're now fully supportive and on board.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/06/16/big-brother-welcomes-first-transgender-house-guest/#ixzz3dMQcH9vk

I just wanna make sure ppl are starting this off on the right foot here. I am not trans myself, but I am genderqueer and always try to ally with and stand in solidarity with my trans community (i.e. I can help with some 101 stuff here, but always take the word of a trans identified person over anyone else's - even mine. I might mess stuff up on occasion.)

Anyway, here's some stuff for all of you who may be new to learning about this stuff to know:

Audrey is a trans woman. That's how you say it - with the space between the two words.

Saying "a transgender", "transgendered", or "tranny" is not cool.

Implying that she is somehow not a real woman is not cool.

Always always refer to her with female pronouns - she/her/hers.

Never use what's called her "deadname" (the male name she was assigned at birth).

Speculation about what she has or has not done to her body in the process of her transition is not appropriate.

Every trans person is different, but generally it's rude to say things like "she used to be male". For most trans people, they have always been the gender they are - they just weren't able to present that way in the past. So unless she says otherwise, it's good to assume she has always been a woman - even when she was presenting as male to the world.

You don't have to like her personally - she seems prepared to play a strategic game and even be seen as a villain - but don't make the things you might happen to dislike about her be about her transness. Don't purposefully misgender her or use transphobic slurs when talking about the things you dislike about her or her gameplay.

It seems from CBS press that she is planning on telling the houseguests that she is trans right off the bat - but just so you know, it's never anyone's business if someone is trans or not. If she decided never to tell anyone, that would be within her rights.

Never ever out someone as trans! It's always up to each individual to decide for themselves when to, how to, if to, and to whom to disclose. What TMZ did was not cool. She should have been able to tell the audience/public herself in her own way once on the show.

Feel free to hit me up with any (respectful) questions you might have in private. I'm willing to help educate on this with anyone who is willing to learn. Thanks!

I was kind of put off by what a big deal Julie made about it. The way she started talking, it sounded like she was about to reveal something horrible or shocking. 

I am very glad that awareness about the transgender community is spreading - I just feel like WAY too much weight was put on the topic. I've known some transgender people for years- way before Caitlyn Jenner. I guess I feel like it shouldn't be anymore shocking or surprising than having a gay houseguest on the cast. I just didn't like the presentation of Julie's announcement. Audrey shouldn't be treated or looked upon as anyone unusual. 

Thank you Professor Genderqueer.  I'm sure we all feel much better now that you've instructed us on how to act.

yes... mind your step

pffttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Jeff calling her a Southern GIRL and her LOOK afterwards... guess he didn't get the memo.

Thank you Professor Genderqueer.  I'm sure we all feel much better now that you've instructed us on how to act.

What is genderqueer? (educate me please) 

I do disagree that the word Tranny is a no no. They gay community uses it all the time and they use it with humor. I find gay people are not all that sensitive and you don't have to follow all the PC rules we were given. 

What is genderqueer? (educate me please) 

I do disagree that the word Tranny is a no no. They gay community uses it all the time and they use it with humor. I find gay people are not all that sensitive and you don't have to follow all the PC rules we were given.

I have no idea what genderqueer means. I was just calling sophb the term that she refers to herself. And, just to let you know upfront, tranny is fully acceptable and i intend and expect others to use this term. I dont take kindly to anyone restricting my right to free speech. Got that sophb?

It just occurred to me. I'd bet money that this was actually orchestrated by CBS/Big Brother as a marketing ploy for ratings. And I bet that 'leak' was intended. With all the news happening with Caitlyn Jenner right now, I think CBS is hoping that curiosity and controversy will bring new viewers. 

Well played, CBS. Well played.

And I bet that 'leak' was intended.

i dont think a leak was needed many were already speculating the moment the cast was reveal

the season has not  even started yet and i can already see this will be the hot bed contestant for the season :animated_bouncy:

I have no idea what genderqueer means. I was just calling sophb the term that she refers to herself. And, just to let you know upfront, tranny is fully acceptable and i intend and expect others to use this term. I dont take kindly to anyone restricting my right to free speech. Got that sophb?

exactly - I don't like people telling me what words are PC.  :devilish:

Genderqueer is a sort of umbrella term for folks who don't necessarily fit the gender binary. For me personally, it means that I see myself as combination of masculine and feminine, but there are lots of other forms of genderqueerness. Some people still find the word "queer" to be offensive, although many of us have worked to reclaim it, so some other people might choose to use other words such as gender fluid, nonbinary, gender bending, or more specific words that match their identities such as agender, androgynous, bigender, pangender, etc. I just use "genderqueer" for myself.

As far as the word "tranny" goes - I do understand that many in the gay community use the word, but unless they are trans themselves - they are using the word appropriatively and most trans people will tell you that it's an insulting word. It's a word used often alongside violence against trans people and violence rates against trans people are very high. It's similar to using the "n-word" for black people or the "f-word" for gay men in that way, which is why it can be a very triggering and hurtful word to use for trans folk. Some trans people might reclaim the word for themselves, so you might hear them using it amongst themselves and other trans friends - but if you aren't trans yourself - it's still not really cool for you to use the word.

And I'm not trying to restrict people's free speech - I'm not part of a government agency so that would literally be impossible for me to do anyway if you know what free speech is.

I'm literally only trying to help people who care but may not know otherwise to be decent human beings towards trans people. I know this is a new issue for a lot of people and most people don't actually wish to be offensive. All I'm trying to do is to help folks right off the bat know the things that can be hurtful so they'll know not to do them.

If you want to continue to say and do transphobic things - that's up to you and whatever the rules of this site might be.

I appreciate what sophb has to say.  I don't know anyone who is trans, so it is interesting to read what would be considered offensive or appropriate.

One of the things I don't like is when people try to claim a word that is meant to be derogatory towards a group of people, such as black people using the n-word or gay people using the f-word.  If it was originally meant to be offensive, I believe it would be better to not claim the word but try to eliminate it.  I don't think any community does itself a service holding onto a word with hateful origins.

All this talk about what is considered respectful and disrespectful to people who identify as transgender reminds me of season 6 on this board.  Anyone else remember Shock-a-lot always calling Janelle, Jantran?

I appreciate what sophb has to say.  I don't know anyone who is trans, so it is interesting to read what would be considered offensive or appropriate.

One of the things I don't like is when people try to claim a word that is meant to be derogatory towards a group of people, such as black people using the n-word or gay people using the f-word.  If it was originally meant to be offensive, I believe it would be better to not claim the word but try to eliminate it.  I don't think any community does itself a service holding onto a word with hateful origins.

All this talk about what is considered respectful and disrespectful to people who identify as transgender reminds me of season 6 on this board.  Anyone else remember Shock-a-lot always calling Janelle, Jantran?

Transgender people don't find the word tranny distasteful. They are not thin skinned and the have a wonderful sense of humor. Just sharing so you are more informed. 

Guest 6Borders

Oh wonderful!!  Last time we had Caleb's daddy continually attacking that Caleb was "over 6' tall" (like it was a HUGE issue) and here we go in BB17... right off the bat we have people telling us how to "correctly refer" to a trans-something person (which I got none of from his/her bio and the stale & more than usually boring interview with Jeff!)

This is Big Brother, not "Big Politically Correct With the CBS KarTRASHians & Audrey Caitlyn Bruce Middleton"

Take out any comments I make that you don't like, or just ignore them!  Everything is up for grabs and reporting with Big Brother, otherwise Grodner & Co. would never have cast this person!  It's all about the publicity baby!!

I don't care about what she is or was I liked her I hope that she is going to play like she says she is. It would be a welcome change for a strong woman to run the game hopefully she doesn't count on an all girl alliance but she seems to be a smart person. I am looking forward to see her play.

Guest 6Borders

I liked HER bio and I don't care if s/he used to be purple. 

SHE is a female House Guest on Big Brother 17!!!  She is attractive, smart and ready to play to game!

What I don't like (and I don't know if the pre-interviews other than on CBS are to be believed),

is that she intends to tell the other HG's right off that she is a trans-whatever she is, and make it a platform

and she and CBS intend to use it for the Caitlin Bruce Jenner issue (like CBS used Frankie last year because

his twit sister was performing on lots of CBS upcoming/during/after BB sponsored shows (which they totally

knew about before putting Frankie on the show)!

I know it's "all about ratings" but I miss the good old days (that would be up to BB5)!

I just wanna make sure ppl are starting this off on the right foot here. I am not trans myself, but I am genderqueer and always try to ally with and stand in solidarity with my trans community (i.e. I can help with some 101 stuff here, but always take the word of a trans identified person over anyone else's - even mine. I might mess stuff up on occasion.)

Anyway, here's some stuff for all of you who may be new to learning about this stuff to know:

Audrey is a trans woman. That's how you say it - with the space between the two words.

Saying "a transgender", "transgendered", or "tranny" is not cool.

Implying that she is somehow not a real woman is not cool.

Always always refer to her with female pronouns - she/her/hers.

Never use what's called her "deadname" (the male name she was assigned at birth).

Speculation about what she has or has not done to her body in the process of her transition is not appropriate.

Every trans person is different, but generally it's rude to say things like "she used to be male". For most trans people, they have always been the gender they are - they just weren't able to present that way in the past. So unless she says otherwise, it's good to assume she has always been a woman - even when she was presenting as male to the world.

You don't have to like her personally - she seems prepared to play a strategic game and even be seen as a villain - but don't make the things you might happen to dislike about her be about her transness. Don't purposefully misgender her or use transphobic slurs when talking about the things you dislike about her or her gameplay.

It seems from CBS press that she is planning on telling the houseguests that she is trans right off the bat - but just so you know, it's never anyone's business if someone is trans or not. If she decided never to tell anyone, that would be within her rights.

Never ever out someone as trans! It's always up to each individual to decide for themselves when to, how to, if to, and to whom to disclose. What TMZ did was not cool. She should have been able to tell the audience/public herself in her own way once on the show.

Feel free to hit me up with any (respectful) questions you might have in private. I'm willing to help educate on this with anyone who is willing to learn. Thanks!

Although I do not think that all your fine points are correct, I do thank you for most of your consideration of letting people know some courtesy for a person who has transitioned. I think the main thing is to realize that while this situation is outside of the experience of most people, everyone has had to consider their sexuality as they transition through puberty. While we are told this is normal, the fact is that even if we are totally in the ranks of what is the majority, we all do come to having to relate to the change in our lives. I suggest that while the transitioning person has a more unusual path, we can all use our imaginations to extend what we have worked with in ourselves to recognize that this person is not odd or doing something so strange to our own life path. Love for a gay person for another gay person is not different than love between heterosexual persons and the discovery of self in dealing with sexuality even if it leads one to change sex is really not different than what all of us go through when going through puberty or relating to the expectations of the world to the sex we are born with even as children. The wonderful thing about transgender and gay people is that because they are not in line with the majority experience, they are more thoughtful about who they are. This tends to make them deeper and more in touch with reality due to the difficulty and self inspection they go through.