Da’Vonne Rogers (Week 1)

morty

bb17-davonnerogers-med.jpg

Hometown: Inglewood, California
Current City: Los Angeles
Three adjectives that describe you: Spontaneous, mysterious, and risky.
Favorite Activities: Shopping, reading, people-watching, and beach walks.

What do you think will be the most difficult part about living inside the Big Brother house: Being away from my daughter and not able to see her, hold her, or smell her. I can handle what the house has to offer, I’m just going to miss my baby. I've never been away from her for more than a few hours.

Which past Big Brother cast member did you like most: Rachel. I loved and hated her. I loved her because she was a competition genius, but I hated her because she was too damn emotional.

What are you afraid of: Bugs and insects! Any and all kinds. I will knock down babies and old people just to get away.

Finish this sentence: My life’s motto is… Hakuna matata! We have literally only one life to live and I'm not going to spend mine stressed out and full of worries.

What would you take into the house and why: A pic of my daughter or one of her blankets. I need to see or smell her in order to deal with not being around her. I need it for my sanity. Also, a T-shirt with my grandmother's picture on it since she's the reason I even auditioned and I want her to enjoy the experience with me. I’d also want my Bible. I know these people are going to push my buttons I need my Bible to keep from exploding.

Da’Vonne comes from an extremely religious family. Her mother was a minister and her uncle is a pastor, but she has always gone against the grain. While her family was in church and Bible study, she was at the beach or out with her friends. Her grandmother was the person who understood her best and the one with whom she would watch Big Brother. She encouraged Da’Vonne to apply for the show and the 27-year-old is ready to play! As a poker dealer, she has studied the game and done the competitions along with the Houseguests while watching the show. She knows she needs to learn each person well, even though she doesn't like to team-up with people. She knows she can only trust herself. A super tomboy growing up, she is a strong woman and a single mom. Not worried about the opinions of others, she is doing this for her daughter, hoping to win the money for her future!

Watch Da'Vonne's bio video here!

if she gets jodi'ed :dontgetit:

is there any black hg's who doesnt have the religious slant to their back-story

geez!!!

:animated_bouncy:

I think she makes it to jury but doubt she wins the game.  She needs to think of a more imaginative occupation instead of school teacher because that just seems to be the go to occupation when your lieing in this game.  In fact if I am in the house and the minute someone says they are a school teacher I am going to immediately start asking questions to trip them up.  I hope someone immediately catches on to the lie and exposes it.

Guest 6Borders

Bio and interview I like her!

I predict lots of DR's (like with Hayden Moss) the HG's are going to tell her to shut up

and not shout into the camera!!

Out of the first pack entered in the house she is my fave...but also wonder what will happen whe the pro poker player enters...but schoolteacher? Think as smart as she is will be found-out on this...why not something unquestionable such as "stay-at-home mom" or "server"...(been both so no judgement lol)

Guest 6Borders

I like her so far!

I hope she can pull off the "2nd grade teacher" for quite a while!

She did make a point "studied the game" not just "watched the game"!

I. Love. Her! Before the season started, Austin was my favorite- and I still love him. But Da'Vonne has him beat so far. Can't wait to see the next group tomorrow and see if she'll stay my favorite, or get slid out by someone else.

Yep I am one of those that doesn't understand how she can leave a 7 month old baby for 3 months of Big Brother. 

Yes I am that girl. 

Guest 6Borders

She will definitely recognize the poker player woman because a dealer will be up on all the big players.

If she does I think she will keep it to herself and continue to be a 2nd grade teacher.

Well I could not leave my child but seems she left her with loving grandparents so . . .

She was so sure she can read people and first thing says Dentist??  I don't think so!  I don't think she will make it very far.  Kind of has that sense of entitlement that annoys others.