BB17 General Discussion (non-houseguest-specific)

JEDI

I sure hope Shellie goes next or Clay that fauxmance is so annoying! Clay out there with James defending her like they just went with the house nonsense - It's pathetic.  Why do people need to justify themselves to James, Jason, Meg, and Jackie like they owe them something?  It's Big Brother this is what you signed up for ... Unless you've got no clue what this show is about (Clay) then you shouldn't even be on it.

Love to see them able to find fans of the show that actually WANT to be there instead of finding plugs like Clay who are clueless

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Canucklehead. Jason is going home, dummies, he won't be in the jury, idiot. Jason is poorest one in house. I'd rather be with him in jury than Austin. Meg's crying isn't helping Jason's defeatism. Clay's ego is huge but he's so dumb. Jason needs to go to tech school. Better himself.

Can someone explain to me how the Twin Twist works, specifically what they need to accomplish for both to stay in the game?

I know the basics; I understand they switch places at regular intervals and pretend to be one person. What is puzzling is what they need to do for both to stay in the BBH. At the moment, nearly all the HGs knows they are twins, and the rest are highly suspicious. Seems to me that pretty much means the twins aren't fooling any HG good enough for any of them to guess wrong if they were asked by BB.

Can someone explain to me how the Twin Twist works, specifically what they need to accomplish for both to stay in the game?

I know the basics; I understand they switch places at regular intervals and pretend to be one person. What is puzzling is what they need to do for both to stay in the BBH. At the moment, nearly all the HGs knows they are twins, and the rest are highly suspicious. Seems to me that pretty much means the twins aren't fooling any HG good enough for any of them to guess wrong if they were asked by BB.

Apparently just survive 5 evictions nothing more

I have decided that if Big Brother has the 2 HOH thing next year I am out.  I hate it I hated it last year. I do not believe for one minute that this was a fan favorite but that is typical of this production team.  What happened to the twist every week???   I am almost out this year don't really like anyone on this cast I cannot stand Shelli and Clay or Vanessa and I really cannot stand the fact that Meg is so clueless.  She cries that they are taking out all of her friends well get a clue and start playing the game you are not that stupid.  These spineless idiots will let Shelli and Clay and Vanessa walk away with this game.

It seems to me that none of the HG's are playing the game the way they did in the first few seasons. Too many of them come on the show not playing to win, but hoping to find a career post-BB. Too many are playing just to make it to the jury house.

And what is up with some of the HG's being so upset because someone lied to them? This is Big Brother not a Sunday School picnic- lying is part of the game. When you are playing against each other for half a million bucks, everyone else stands between you and that money. You don't have any friends in the house, only competitors.

In the inimitable words of Nicole from last season, "Stop playing Big Baby and start playing Big Brother!"

It seems to me that none of the HG's are playing the game the way they did in the first few seasons. Too many of them come on the show not playing to win, but hoping to find a career post-BB. Too many are playing just to make it to the jury house.

ITA.

I also think that BB producers deliberately cast this season with fairly young HGs, after all, Shelli is the oldest at age 33. No HGs in their 40's or 50's this season took this young cast back to high school. I believe that they opted for a younger cast that would and/or could be more accepting of LGBT HGs.

An older person of another generation may not have been as open to the idea, or maybe BB producers didn't want to take a chance that it would get ugly re: LGBT, since they were exploiting Audrey.

I would like to see Becky to go this week instead of Jason. Jason will keep things interesting if he wins HOH next. But, looks like he is a goner unless the BB gods do something.

He should at least make it to jury, IMO. Becky, she shouldn't be there.

I agree, Canucklehead. Jason is going home, dummies, he won't be in the jury, idiot. Jason is poorest one in house. I'd rather be with him in jury than Austin. Meg's crying isn't helping Jason's defeatism. Clay's ego is huge but he's so dumb. Jason needs to go to tech school. Better himself.

I completely agree with you! What makes me even more mad is the fact that everyone is so crazy about John. As if he is this amazing and genius player. Yet just the other night he was complaining to Steve about how he wished he could go home next week and "start making some money". I just have no respect for players like him. Jason who would give his right nut to stay in this game has to leave. While someone who is not even fully invested and wanting to be there stays. IMO he is far from a Dan which is how he is being compared. In all honesty I do not think any of his game is a carefully though out calculation or some brilliant game play. I truly think he is a clueless floater who is playing Shelli and Clays game for them. I mean who in their right minds throws comps constantly and continues to allow the strongest players in the house stay together and control the game?? He is a huge disappointment IMO. And I really would not care less if he and Becky both left asap. 

As far as Jason goes. I guess our last hope is some sort of BB twist or BB rewind since the twins are coming in. Wishful thinking I am sure. And IMO would be the only fair thing to do. I mean IMO how is it fair that any HG not even just because it is Jason should have to leave while Julia comes in. However when has BB ever been known as a fair game so..The odd thing that confuses me is the complete opposite of what BB promised with the BB take over twists every week has been nothing. I mean they didnt even announce that was over. yet there has not been a single mention of it in two weeks now. Does anyone else find that weird??

One last thing...Has anyone else noticed the BS letters the HOHs have been getting with (what I feel) are obvious hints?? 

The mourning of Jason being evicted and the petitions to save him are so funny. 

He should have played the game instead of calling girls bitches and prostitutes. 

I do wish Jason the best that he would try to further himself in life and not count on a reality show for that. He would probably be better off financially if he quit smoking. 

Jason is delusional if he thinks he's staying.

He thinks he now has Clay and Shelli trying to save him. Shay is trying to get them to think they are with them and put the blame back on Vanessa. 

And what is up with some of the HG's being so upset because someone lied to them? This is Big Brother not a Sunday School picnic- lying is part of the game. When you are playing against each other for half a million bucks, everyone else stands between you and that money. You don't have any friends in the house, only competitors.

In the inimitable words of Nicole from last season, "Stop playing Big Baby and start playing Big Brother!"

It appears to me that the BB producers filter out nearly all wannabe actors\stand-up comic\etc, and rightfully so. Imagine the BBH filled with semi-professional entertainers looking to get their big break, they all would be show casing their individual talents for the cameras, and far less interested in playing the BB game.

For those of us who have watched BB for many years, there there are profile types that get repeatedly selected season after season, or another perspective, there are personality flaws that tend to be in most seasons. And if its not obvious, most all the people who are selected, are selected because they a flawed in such a way that will make for high TV ratings. If not flawed in some obvious way, they are qwerty and popular with the audience..

If BB was serious about casting people who are really good manipulators, the show would be like watching people play chess 24x7. Nobody would say or do anything that would be worth watching, which is why the producers cast typical people we all know in our daily lives. We all know at least a couple flaming gay men, or men\women who must always be in control of everything, or the person who falls love based on almost nothing, or individual who can't handle any type of rejection and go on the war path against anyone who who not 100% on their side, etc.  

I think that Jason knows the game well enough to realize that he does not have the votes against Becky to stay in the game. He knows that Vanessa's crew of Steve, Liz & Austin will not go against Vanessa. He knows that Johnny Mac kinda likes Becky, and he won't get John's vote. The only vote that he is sure of is Meg's vote and even if he had James & Jackie's vote, it's not enough. Jason now knows that he got outplayed by trusting Vanessa & Shelli, and the fact that Vanessa & Shelli have more allies than he has.

Jason seems to be handling his situation as best as he can. Any last ditch efforts to save him will not be successful and I think he is only going along with them so that it looks like he has not given up. Jason is a big BB fan and wants to exit with his head held high.

Thanks Marty for the trip down memory lane, I loved it. It's funny that some of the evictees I didn't remember at all. And, of course, the usual suspects of Janelle, Dr, Will, Mike Boogie, Howie, Chicken George was really nice. But what really threw me for a loop was that in the first few seasons the ChenBot told the HGs they were "Banished" from the house. I had never noticed that before, quite a subtle change.

My wish list for tonight

John and James win HOH, they put up Clay/Shelli and Austin/Liz

And that may set up an actual Battle of the Block, and their real target is Vanessa

But I believe it will be Shelli and Becky

Shelli will put up Meg/James and Becky puts up Steve/Austin 

My wish list is 

Jackie & Meg win HOH, they put up Austin/Shelli and Vanessa/Clay.   That way Shelli and Clay battle the block in opposition and one remains up and the other may not get to play for veto. Same for Austin and Vanessa, of course, but Shelli & Clay against each other in BOB? Too fun.

It also might be fun if Julia  gets one of the HOH.  She might be rogue enough to put Austin up and that would be lots of fun and fireworks. :)    I can't guess who her other nominee would be though...James or Steve probably? 

John and James are the only other acceptable outcomes for HOH!

I don't mind Vanessa making it to the end at all; she's certainly "most deserving" in a kind of Derek kind of way, but I don't want her doing it with Shelli, Clay and Austin. Barf. What a nauseating  last couple weeks that would be.  Maybe it's just me but Shelli and Clay become more impossible to bear with every passing second. Shelli especially.