BB17 General Discussion (non-houseguest-specific)

JEDI

I've missed a lot so please forgive any repost of questions, etc.

I think we all sat around stunned when Battle of the Block was announced and particularly as a "fan favorite".  I don't remember there being much "favorite" about it so I am wondering where this news came from and who was polled!

The twin twist is definitely more interesting now that most of the house has it confirmed, suspected and some are working with Liz and Julia!

The Amazing Racers I can only think are there to boost sagging ratings on The Amazing Race.  I liked them as a team but in Big Brother  I think we are seeing the true colors and not the edits which made them popular on TAR.  I must say I am disappointed in both.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate when they all sit around and act like the editing they get will make them look bad. Do they not realize someone is always watching them???I realize that not everyone goes to update pages and has live feeds but for the most part their behavior is out there for everyone to see no matter what the edit is.

My favorite season off all time was Season 6

It was the only season that there was a complete split of the house. Nobody had to pretend or lie and it was just a back and forth battle. 

It drives me nuts when people are in all these secret alliances or they think they have to hide every alliance. 

The outsiders are not the majority and they should just come out as an alliance.

Pick a side people. 

My favorite season off all time was Season 6

It was the only season that there was a complete split of the house. Nobody had to pretend or lie and it was just a back and forth battle. 

im right there with you... no season has come close to beating BB6 as the BEST BB Ever...

although i HATED the Winner and the Nerd Herd... i LOVED Janelle and the rest of her Alliance & the Whole Season...

Ahhh... the good old days... they are only memories now, lol ...☺...

im right there with you... no season has come close to beating BB6 as the BEST BB Ever...

although i HATED the Winner and the Nerd Herd... i LOVED Janelle and the rest of her Alliance & the Whole Season...

Ahhh... the good old days... they are only memories now, lol ...☺...

Sovereign 6 ruled. Janelle, Howie, Kaysar, Sarah, Rachel and James.  Nerd Here was so much fun to hate on.  It was always GAME ON! 

Sovereign 6 ruled. Janelle, Howie, Kaysar, Sarah, Rachel and James.  Nerd Here was so much fun to hate on.  It was always GAME ON! 

Touche, Marty... TOUCHE !!!....Long Live the Sov 6 & BB6 ...☺...

I long for the epic competitions (HOH or Veto) that go on for hours and hours. The endurance comps really test the HGs mental strength & toughness. I don't recall the specific season, but I do remember a comp with the HGs in side a large glass box that went on for several hours.

I would also like to see the HGs come up with some different tactics and or strategies to play the game. Copying a previous BB winner's strategy does not always workout because the dynamics of each season is different.

IMO what makes Big Brother entertaining are the diverse and unique personalities of the HG's. Some of my favorite HG are players who did not win the game. Janelle, Kaysar, Danielle R., Howie, Renny, Jessie, and Jerry, and last Ronnie the rat.

Dr. Will, Dan G, Evil Dick, and Derrick each won the game using their own unique strategy, and for the most part it was entertaining to watch them play.

They endurance doesn't last long now either -- they all just feel safe most of the time and jump down or give up in the endurance.

I heard that after winning in Season 6 Maggie had to quit her job as a nurse because people were hating on her.  And the epic battles with April and Howie!  Oh yes Marty you are right that was such a good season!!

(Hurricane Howie is now the "weatherman" at a station in Joplin, MO -- I have trouble watching him do weather without thinking of his "jack shack")

Well it looks like Jeff is going home this week because he can't muster enough votes to stay in the house. I think that Jackie & John are the only HGs that are voting to evict James. Audrey will probably throw in a vote to cause some trouble and try to blame another HG (yawn).

I hope that Meg wins one of the HOH's so she could nominate Shelli & Audrey. I want either James, Jason, or Becky to win the other HOH and nominate Clay & Austin.

No pawns this next week because I wanna see a legit Battle of the Block with the nominated HGs actually competing with each other to stay in the game. I don't really care which team wins the BOB.

If the veto is used on one of the nominees, I'd like to see either Liz or Vanessa as the replacement nominee. I really wanna see the strength of all of the numerous alliances tested. I wanna see some real BB game drama.

My HoH would be Johnny Mac and Audrey ... Oh the madness!

I'd love to see John win an HOH and nominate Clay & Austin. John could tell them that he is not targeting them - they are being used as "pawns".

If Audrey wins the other HOH, Shelli & Vanessa will be in a power struggle over who saved Audrey and who Audrey owes her loyalty to.

I have watched Big Brother from Day 1 of the very first season.  The appeal of this show was THE HOUSE was in charge.   With the creation of Battle of the Block and all these other forms of medaling with the show, i.e., getting a phone call and letting 3 people not be able to vote, CBS is ruining the integrity and format of the show.  Leave it be.  Go back to one HOH (THEY EARNED IT).   Let the house have control.   Not outside sources.

I am really hoping for a couple of double evictions soon. There are too many people in the house. Things get interesting when there is about 8 people left.

I need help Marty, I read that Austin and Vanessa are asking or wanting to ask people to throw the HOH this week????? Is this true???

I didn't hear that. I worked today and have been watching breaking news on TV so really have not followed today. 

I doubt that they would do that. 

Gotta love when the HG's swear they will put their hand on the bible to prove they're telling the truth. The biggest book of lies ever created by men Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

'Dude and like' Vanessa needs to G. O. 

Congrats to Liz & Shelli. I so want them to nominate Clay & Austin, but I know that's not gonna happen. I want to see a real Battle of the Block comp.

I wanna see these alpha males compete in the game.

Most likely nominees will be Meg, James, Jason, and John. James & Jason will be the main targets, and one of them will go home.

Here we go for another predictable week (I hope I am mistaken):

Shelli & Clay will tell Liz (who should be Julia today) who to put up, convince Liz/Julia that Shelli should remain HOH this week so Liz/Julia will be safe this week (and Shelli & Clay can hang out in the HOH room all week) and they can play/win HOH next week and both come into the game.

On the block will probably be any combination of Steve, JohnnyMac, Jackie, Becky, Jason with any one of them being the target to leave if one wins POV and takes themselves off.  Liz and Shelli have already promised so many people they are "not the target" they might as well nominate 4 of the fish and have Battle of The Tank!

Vanessa will divide her paranoid rants this week between who voted James out, badger Steve & Becky to the point of wanting to DQ, and now (that she does not have to get blood on her hands) try to convince Shelli & Clay this is the time to back-door Audrey.  Austin will nod & smile and then go work out.  Audrey will have no less than 3 of her famous "psychic dreams", spend the week being paranoid or hiding in bed!