BB17 General Discussion (non-houseguest-specific)

JEDI

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone ever applied for big brother or gone to an open casting call? My nephew went to an open casting call this year and I went with him for support and it was nothing like I expected.

It was at a car dealership in Lakewood Colorado on a Saturday morning from 10am to 2pm. They were told to bring 2 pictures one head shot and one body shot and a copy of their drivers license. So when my nephew got to the dealership he was like the second person in line. They gave him a number and then had him fill out this questioner with like 10 questions on it. The questions were basically like relationship questions and one was to describe themselves. They never asked for pictures or a copy of his license which I am guessing they would have if they had been interested. They would not allow any family or friends into the dealership and that was fine. The people passing out the numbers were very nice. They took them into the dealership 5 at a time and it was basically a group thing. They were told not to hug or try to shake the producers hand because they would not do it because of germs etc too many times they had gotten sick. He said they asked them who in the group would they vote out first and then gave each person 30 seconds to sell themselves I guess that's all it takes for them to decide if they like you or not. Then they were told that they would receive a call from an unknown number if they were going any further and you would not be able to change your time or day of your next audition. I had never been to a casting call before so I don't know what I thought they would be like but I guess with the huge number of people they get applying they get them in and out of there fast.

One other thing I thought was interesting. We know they recruit people every season. My sister was going to Blackhawk which is outside of Denver about a week before the open casting and she saw a panel van with the big brother logo on it so I think that they did some recruting for the open casting call for about a week before I would be interested to see if anyone from the casting call made it recruited or not I guess I will never know.

so a new BB17 Promo revealed from Julie that we will have "New" HG's this year...

https://twitter.com/08jayhawk/status/609150266877808640

here's the promo script from Julie with the "New"...

https://instagram.com/p/313-FkHNxV/

so it looks like another all new HG's again ...☺...

i found this Great Donny video talking with Lisa (BBCan1)... Donny was the Best, lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysB7rH92HgQ

Bought my live feeds on Saturday I hope that you get the commision from it I followed the link on this page. So I kinda like the ability to watch all Seasons I watched part of season 1 wow way different than I expected. I didn't start watching until Season 3.

Knowing Frankie Grande is involved with BB in any way this season ... makes my stomach churn.

JMHO folks.

I know right???? LOL they said a fan favorite oh well. I did like him at first but he grew to iritate me more and more.

Janis, season 1 was cool and all, but way different.

Not sure you'll have time to get through 1 and 2 before 17 starts.

I suggest you put 1 on hold and start season 2, it's definitely worth watching! No veto power!

Then, if you have time, and still want to, finish season 1.

Just a suggestion!

I know right???? LOL they said a fan favorite oh well. I did like him at first but he grew to iritate me more and more.

Who decided he was a fan favorite? I couldn't stand him from the beginning and actually starting drinking everytime he mentioned his sister... You can imagine how THAT went! :cheers:

Who decided he was a fan favorite? I couldn't stand him from the beginning and actually starting drinking everytime he mentioned his sister... You can imagine how THAT went! :cheers:

LOL that was funny. It was under the chat thing I was really??? didn't know that he was a fan favorite.

Janis, season 1 was cool and all, but way different.

Not sure you'll have time to get through 1 and 2 before 17 starts.

I suggest you put 1 on hold and start season 2, it's definitely worth watching! No veto power!

Then, if you have time, and still want to, finish season 1.

Just a suggestion!

Thanks I will do that

Bought my live feeds on Saturday I hope that you get the commision from it I followed the link on this page. So I kinda like the ability to watch all Seasons I watched part of season 1 wow way different than I expected. I didn't start watching until Season 3.

I did the same Janis. Watching some of season 1 gave me a new appreciation for the current version of BB.

I’m hoping that the live feeds won’t be peppered with commercials (the same ones over and over and over again) like the content is on CBS All Access.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/photos/1004298/meet-the-new-cast-of-big-brother-/

Looks like there may be pairs to me.

Jace/ Personal Trainer
Austin/ Professional Wrestler

Becky/ Retail Manager
James/ Retail Associate

Meg/ Server
Jason/ Cashier

Audrey/ Digital Media Consultant
Liz/ Marketing Coordinator

Da'Vonne/ Poker Dealer
Vanessa/ Poker Player

John/ Dentist
??

Shelli/ Interior Design
??

and we have the ET CBS House Tour with Julie... im Loving it... so much glass, lol ...☺...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn5bgVPvFTE

here's a better Tour on the ET Canada show... she shows more of the house...☺...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMEEKI0Z2sU

So upper deck panty shots. Great.